If you’ve been following me for a little while now, you’ll know I just adore making magic with families down by the sea. This little spot here (where I danced and played with Martina, Mitesh and Xavier) is one of my FAVOURITE locations right now – a coastal haven in Flinders where the meadows meet the ocean. It’s just totally gorgeous at this time of year, and absolutely worth the drive. And since some of my lovely families even decide to make a weekend of it and book a local hotel or Airbnb, I thought I’d let you know some of my absolute *fave* things for families to do/see/eat while visiting this gorgeous part of Victoria.
1. Sunny Ridge Strawberry Farm – Here you can pick your own punnets and eat the yummiest ice creams or enjoy dipping strawberries in chocolate (delish!). It’s a really fun activity for the whole fam.
2. Green Olive – Hands down my fave place to eat! Nestled in an olive grove and with an all day tapas menu, they have the most delicious food and wine in a stunning setting (the chocolate mousse & fennel cream galette is a MUST!). Enjoy while the kids run wild in the play area (complete with in-ground trampoline) and you can walk through the farm and check out the animals too!
3. Beaches! The peninsula back beaches are just gorgeous and feature a whole bunch of incredible coastal walks (the views, oh my!). There’s also lots of lovely bay beaches too (great for the littles). Safety Beach is my favourite with Provincia Food Store and Cafe right across the road!
4. Ciao Bella – This one’s for the pizza lovers! Best pizza I’ve had outside of Rome. An absolute must try. It’s incredible. And located just 15 mins from Flinders in beautiful Balnarring.
5. Flinders Hotel – Stay or eat, either way it’s only 5 mins from one of my regular shoot locations so super convenient! It’s got a lovely little play area for the kids too!
6. Airbnb – Stay anywhere from Balnarring to Rye and you’ll be happy! All within a short distance of my fave family session locations, and an easy drive to any of the spots above. You’ll be spoilt for choice!
Are you feeling as ready for a mini vacay as I am?!?! Booking a family session by the sea and making a weekend of it is the perfect way to take a quick summer break and make some precious family memories all in one. Do you have any fave spots along the coast? I’d love to hear them!